About MeI'm a professor in Computer Engineering at the Dong-A University. I joined the faculty in September 2004, after completing my Ph.D in Computer Science at the Sogang University in August 2003.
I work at the intersection of natural language processing (NLP) and information retrieval (IR), and I am interested in NLP (dialogue system etc), IR (cross-language IR etc), text mining (text classification/summarization etc), opinion mining (comparison mining, sentiment classification etc), big data (topic modeling and machine learning etc) and UI/UX. Recently, I'm interested in how to apply topic modeling and deep learning techniques to my research areas. I'm leading the Information Systems Laboratory at the Dong-A University. For more details, please see my CV.
I worked at the Computational Linguistics and Information Processing Laboratory (CLIP) at the University of Maryland, College Park as a visiting scholar from 2011 fall semester to 2012 spring semester. My collaborator was Prof. Doug Oard.
- 2017/02/01 A journal paper related to Parallel Corpus Construction will be published in (IEICE, SCIE).
- 2017/01/13 A paper relate to NER System was accepted in KIISE (KCI).
- 2016/12/12 A journal paper related to speech-act analysis with deep learning was accepted in (IEICE, SCIE).
- 2016/12/09 A journal paper related to cQA services was accepted in (IEICE, SCIE).
- 2016/11/07 A journal paper related to the Naive Bayes Classification was accepted in (IPM, SSCI).
- 2016/10/19 A PH.D graduated student, Kyoungman Bae, will join the ETRI as a researcher.
- 2015/10/10 A paper relate to NER System was received Best Paper Award in HCLT 2016.
- 2016/10/08 Four papers about linguistic analysis tools with bidirectional LSTM-CRF and one paper about dialogue systems with word embeddings will be presented in HCLT 2016.
- 2015/10/07 Awarded Two Bronze Prizes in Korean Information Processing Competition 2016.
- 2015/10/07 Host HCLT 2016 conference in Dong-A University.
- 2016/10/01 A journal paper related to Text Summarization and Classification will be published in (ESWA, SCIE).
- 2016/09/27 A journal paper related to Twitter Data Analysis with LDA was published in KIISE (KCI).
- 2016/08/18 A journal paper related to Linguistic Resources Construction was published in Communications of KIISE.
- 2016/05/23 A projcet related to Entity Linking was funded by ETRI.
- 2016/05/01 A projcet related to Dialogue Systems for Robot was funded by MSIFP.
- 2016/04/21 The patent related to CLIR was registered as a Korean Patent.
- 2016/04/01 A journal paper related to Question Classification was published in (IEICE, SCIE).
- 2016/03/04 I will work as the General Eexcutive of the Korean Society for Cognitive Science in 2016.
- 2016/02/24 Invited talk at ETRI about Spoken Language Understanding.
- 2016/01/15 A journal paper related to speech-act analysis was published in KIISE (KCI).
- 2016/01/07 Invited talk at Korea Maritime and Ocean University about Introduction to Word Embedding for NLP.
- 2016/11/01 The three patents related to Dialogue Systems and Math Equation Retrieval was registered as Korean Patents.
- 2015/12/01 A journal paper related to a new term weighting scheme for text classification was published in (JASIST, SSCI & SCIE).
- 2015/11/01 The three patents related to Dialogue Systems and Math Equation Retrieval was registered as Korean Patents.
- 2015/10/26 A projcet related to Deep Learning was funded by NRF.
Contact InformationKo, Youngjoong
SF620, Computer Engineering,
Hadan 2-dong, Saha-gu
Busan 604-714, Korea
youngjoong.ko at gmail.com
Google Scholar Profile
Add me to your Google+ cicles.
This is my blog for discussion and study of NLP, ML (machine learning) and IR, and implementation of their toolkits.