About MeI'm an associate professor in Computer Engineering at the Dong-A University. I joined the faculty in September 2004, after completing my Ph.D in Computer Science at the Sogang University in August 2003.
I work at the intersection of natural language processing (NLP) and information retrieval (IR), and I am interested in NLP (dialogue system etc), IR (cross-language IR etc), Text Mining (text classification/summarization etc), opinion mining (comparison mining, sentiment classification etc), big data (topic modeling and machine learning etc) and UI/UX. I'm leading the Information Systems Laboratory at the Dong-A University. For more details, please see my CV.
I worked at the Computational Linguistics and Information Processing Laboratory (CLIP) at the University of Maryland, College Park as a visiting scholar from 2011 fall semester to 2012 spring semester. My collaborator was Prof. Doug Oard.
- 2014/06/16 A journal paper related to extraction of parallel corpus was accepted in KIISE.
- 2014/05/11 A new menu (Software) was opened in this web site.
- 2014/05/10 A journal paper related to a new term weighting scheme of text classification was accepted in (JASIST, SSCI & SCIE).
- 2014/04/15 A journal paper related to named entity and target recognition was published in KIISE.
- 2014/04/01 Host the 2014 competition of Korean information processing systems.
- 2014/02/07 Invited talk at Dongguk University about Human Language Technology and its Applications.
- 2014/01/25 A journal paper related to NLP Interface was published in KIIT.
- 2013/10/11 Best Paper Award with a named entity and target recognition related conference paper in HCLT 2013.
- 2013/09/22 A journal paper related to CLIR was accepted in (JASIST, SSCI & SCIE).
- 2013/09/19 A journal paper related to sentiment classification was accepted in (Information, SCIE).
Contact InformationKo, Youngjoong
SF620, Computer Engineering,
Hadan 2-dong, Saha-gu
Busan 604-714, Korea
youngjoong.ko at gmail.com
Google Scholar Profile
Add me to your Google+ cicles.
This is my blog and group for discussion and study of NLP, ML (machine learning) and IR, and implementation of their toolkits.