About MeI'm an associate professor in Computer Engineering at the Dong-A University. I joined the faculty in September 2004, after completing my Ph.D in Computer Science at the Sogang University in August 2003.
I work at the intersection of natural language processing (NLP) and information retrieval (IR), and I am interested in NLP (dialogue system etc), IR (cross-language IR etc), text mining (text classification/summarization etc), opinion mining (comparison mining, sentiment classification etc), big data (topic modeling and machine learning etc) and UI/UX. Recently, I'm interested in how to apply topic modeling and deep learning techniques to my research areas. I'm leading the Information Systems Laboratory at the Dong-A University. For more details, please see my CV.
I worked at the Computational Linguistics and Information Processing Laboratory (CLIP) at the University of Maryland, College Park as a visiting scholar from 2011 fall semester to 2012 spring semester. My collaborator was Prof. Doug Oard.
- 2015/06/25 Outstanding Paper Contribution Award from KIISE.
- 2015/06/25 A paper relate to speech-act analysis will be presented and receive Best Paper Award in KCC 2015.
- 2015/06/19 Invited talk at Korea Maritime and Ocean University about Introduction to Topic Models.
- 2015/06/10 A paper related to SLU is accepted in ACL 2015.
- 2015/05/20 A journal paper related to generate parallel corpus was accepted in KIISE.
- 2015/01/08 A journal paper related to a new term weighting scheme for text classification was published online in (JASIST, SSCI & SCIE).
- 2015/01/01 A journal paper related to CLIR will be published in (JASIST, SSCI & SCIE).
- 2015/01/01 A journal paper related to new feature weighting schemes for speech-act classification will be published in (PRL, SCIE).
- 2014/12/18 A paper related to Twitter data analysis with LDA will be presented in KIISE 2014.
- 2014/12/01 A journal paper related to mathematical equation retrival was published in (AECE, SCIE).
- 2014/11/03 A paper related to a cQA service will be presented in PIKM 2014 (a workshop in CIKM 2014).
- 2014/10/10 Encouragement Prize in Korean Information Processing System Competition 2014.
- 2014/10/10 Best Paper Award in HCLT 2014.
- 2014/10/10 Four papers were presented in HCLT 2014.
- 2014/10/08 Technology transfer to the Voiceware Corp.
- 2014/10/01 A journal paper related to Comparison Mining was published in (NLE, SSCI & SCIE).
- 2014/08/15 A journal paper related to extraction of parallel corpus was published in KIISE.
- 2014/05/11 A new menu (Software) was opened in this web site.
Contact InformationKo, Youngjoong
SF620, Computer Engineering,
Hadan 2-dong, Saha-gu
Busan 604-714, Korea
youngjoong.ko at gmail.com
Google Scholar Profile
Add me to your Google+ cicles.
This is my blog and group for discussion and study of NLP, ML (machine learning) and IR, and implementation of their toolkits.