About MeI'm an associate professor in Computer Engineering at the Dong-A University. I joined the faculty in September 2004, after completing my Ph.D in Computer Science at the Sogang University in August 2003.
I work at the intersection of natural language processing (NLP) and information retrieval (IR), and I am interested in NLP (dialogue system etc), IR (cross-language IR etc), Text Mining (text classification/summarization etc), opinion mining (comparison mining, sentiment classification etc) and big data (topic modeling and machine learning etc). I'm leading the Information Systems Laboratory at the Dong-A University. For more details, please see my CV.
I worked at the Computational Linguistics and Information Processing Laboratory (CLIP) at the University of Maryland, College Park as a visiting scholar from 2011 fall semester to 2012 spring semester. My collaborator was Prof. Doug Oard.
- 2013/05/14 Awarded a Research Grant from NRF(National Research Foundation of Korea).
- 2013/05/03 A text summarization related paper was accepted in (CAI, SCIE).
- 2013/04/15 A speech-act analysis related paper was published in (PRL, SCIE).
- 2013/04/15 A dialogue related paper was published in (AICom, SCIE).
- 2012/11/15 A named entity expansion related paper was published in (Information, SCIE).
- 2012/11/15 A speech-act analysis related paper was published in (IJICIC, SCIE).
- 2012/10/15 A equation retrieval related paper was published in (IEICE, SCIE).
- 2012/07/30 Two CIKM papers were accepted.
- 2012/07/15 A word spacing paper was published in (IJICIC, SCIE).
- 2012/07/08 At the Jeju island for ACL 2012 (Publicity Chair).
Contact InformationKo, Youngjoong
SF620, Computer Engineering,
Hadan 2-dong, Saha-gu
Busan 604-714, Korea
youngjoong.ko at gmail.com
Add me to your Google+ cicles.
This is my group for discussion and study of NLP, ML (machine learning) and IR, and implementation of their toolkits.